Ex-Servicemen and widows of defence personnel who died while in service and Ex-Servicemen Co-operative societies are eligible to apply for allotment of Army Surplus Class V-B Vehicles. Applicant has to apply as per the laid down norms through the ZSWO / DSW(S) / Unit Serving to DGR along with security deposit as stated for each type of vehicle. Post registration of the applicant at DGR subsequent release of the vehicle is done through the MGOs Branch. Option for release of one of the 42 types of vehicles from 12 CODs/CVDs can be opted for on payment of nominal sum as notified by the Government from time to time.
- Ex-Servicemen / their widows who are not re-employed or gainfully resettled.
- Serving personnel who are due to retire within next six months.
- Ex-servicemen Co-operative societies. Membership of such societies should not be less than twenty Ex-servicemen.
- Ex-Servicemen/their widows/societies of Ex-Servicemen who have served for less than five years in the Armed Forces or proceeded on retirement/discharge at their own request are not eligible.
Security as stated against each type of vehicle is to be deposited with in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “DGR Security Deposit Fund” payable at New Delhi.
- Motor Cycle : Rs. 1000/-
- Light Four Wheel Vehicle: Rs. 3000/-
- Heavy Four Wheel Vehicle: Rs. 8000/-
Procedure to Apply.
- Ex-servicemen / their widows / their co-operative societies should apply through their Zila Sainik Welfare Office (ZSWO) / Dte of Sainik Welfare (State).
- Serving personnel due to retire within next six months with pension should apply through their OC Unit / Service HQs.
- Officers of the rank of Colonel and above or their equivalent may apply directly through ZSWO / Dte of Sainik Welfare (State).
Documents to be Attached with the Application.
- Application form in triplicate duly filled in and pasted with passport size photographs on both the copies on the top duly attested by the ZSWO / Dte of Sainik Welfare (State) / OC Unit.
- Affidavit in triplicate duly attested by Oath Commissioner / Class I Magistrate / Notary Public on Rs 10/- non-judicial Stamp Paper in the prescribed text.
- Certified true copy / photocopy in triplicate of Discharge Certificate / Retirement Order duly attested by the ZSWO / Dte of Sainik Welfare (State) / OC Unit. Officers are required to submit two CTC of retirement order issued by MS Branch, Army HQs / Air HQs or two CTCs of CDA (P) Pension Certificate letter / Order.
- Security deposit in the form of draft in favour of “DGR Security Deposit Fund”, payable at New Delhi to be deposited with DGR alongwith application form.
Release of Security Deposit.
Amount of security deposit is released after the allotted vehicle has been registered with the Regional Transport Authority.
This is to be done with in six months from the date of collection of the vehicle, failing which the amount of security will be forfeited to the Government. The application for release of security is to be routed through the ZSWO / Dte of Sainik Welfare (State) concerned, which verifies the correctness of the application.
Change of Vehicle.
As per Government policy request for change of any nature is not entertained after registration of the application with Dte General Resettlement. Any request for change will result in cancellation of the initial registration and the applicant would be required to submit his application afresh.
The format of application to be submitted can be downloaded from 'DGR' forms download window of the DGR website www.dgrindia.com